Iceland, the land of fire and ice, is a must-visit destination, filled with stunning natural wonders, from expansive glaciers to active volcanoes. In this intriguing mix, the Blue Lagoon Hotel stands as a beacon of relaxation and luxury, making it an essential part of any Iceland itinerary. Nestled within a rugged lava field, this hotel provides not just comfortable accommodation but a unique experience that combines the raw beauty of Iceland with world-class comfort.
In this complete guide for 2024, we’ll take you through everything you need to know about staying at the Blue Lagoon Hotel, ensuring your stay is as memorable as the mesmerizing views you’ll enjoy. From the incredible amenities to the unforgettable experiences, this is more than just a hotel, it’s a destination.
What To Expect at the Blue Lagoon
Staying at the Blue Lagoon Hotel is an experience like no other. Here, relaxation is not just promised; it’s the norm. You’ll find the hotel located in the heart of a geothermal wonderland, where steaming, mineral-rich waters rise from the earth to form the famous Blue Lagoon.
The Blue Lagoon Hotel features sleek, Nordic design, allowing the natural beauty of the surrounding landscape to take center stage. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the rooms provide an unparalleled view of the stunning surroundings, adding to the sense of tranquility.
Each guest has complimentary access to the Blue Lagoon, one of Iceland’s premier attractions. These geothermal waters are rich in minerals like silica and sulfur, known for their skin-soothing properties. Bask in the warm waters (but watch out for Blue Lagoon hair), enjoy a silica mud mask, or simply relax in the sauna and steam rooms.
In addition to the lagoon itself, the hotel provides an array of experiences designed to complement your stay. There’s the exclusive Retreat Spa, offering a range of treatments, and Lava Cove, a man-made cave where you can relax in the warm waters.
Dining at the hotel is also a treat. Their in-house restaurants offer a variety of delectable cuisine, using fresh and locally sourced ingredients. Whether you’re a fan of traditional Icelandic dishes or prefer international cuisine, the culinary team at the Blue Lagoon Hotel will not disappoint.
A stay at the Blue Lagoon Hotel is an immersion in the very essence of Iceland – its remarkable geology, its pure, clean environment, and its commitment to sustainable luxury. It’s the perfect retreat after a day of exploring the diverse landscapes of this unique country.
Rooms and Suites Overview
The Blue Lagoon Hotel offers a range of room types to cater to different needs and preferences. Whether you’re traveling solo, as a couple, or with family, there’s an option for you.
- Starting with the Comfort Rooms, these offer a cozy, minimalist design with a spacious feel.
- The Lagoon View Rooms, as the name suggests, provide enchanting views of the famous Blue Lagoon, making your stay even more special.
- If you’re seeking a more lavish experience, the Junior Suites come with more space, a separate seating area, and an awe-inspiring panorama of the lagoon.
- For the ultimate in luxury, consider the expansive Lagoon Suites. With a private terrace and direct access to a secluded part of the Blue Lagoon, these suites are the epitome of exclusivity.
All rooms and suites are furnished with a modern Nordic aesthetic, featuring clean lines, natural materials, and a soothing color palette that mirrors the surrounding landscape. The accommodations also come equipped with high-end amenities like a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, a mini-bar, and luxury toiletries. The private bathrooms are sleek, offering a walk-in shower and separate bath. Floor-to-ceiling windows ensure you’re never far from the breathtaking beauty of the Icelandic scenery.
Amenities and Services
The Blue Lagoon Hotel takes pride in offering not just high-quality accommodation, but a full range of amenities and services designed to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
Guests have complimentary, unlimited access to the Blue Lagoon, allowing you to soak in the geothermal waters to your heart’s content. Spa services are available at an extra charge, offering a menu of treatments designed to rejuvenate your mind and body.
For the fitness enthusiasts, the hotel boasts a well-equipped gym. If you’d prefer to exercise outdoors, there are numerous hiking and biking trails nearby.
When it comes to dining, the hotel offers two restaurants. The Moss Restaurant offers a sophisticated dining experience with a menu inspired by Iceland’s rich culinary heritage. The Lava Restaurant, built into a lava cliff, offers a more casual atmosphere with stunning views of the lagoon.
Guest services include a 24-hour front desk, a concierge service to help with trip planning, and a shuttle service to and from Keflavík International Airport. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
Above all, the hotel staff are committed to providing exceptional service. Their warm Icelandic hospitality will ensure your stay is comfortable and your needs are met. With these comprehensive offerings, you can focus on what really matters: enjoying the serene beauty of the Blue Lagoon and creating unforgettable memories.
Exploring the Blue Lagoon from the Hotel
The Blue Lagoon Hotel is ideally situated for exploring the Blue Lagoon, one of Iceland’s most renowned geothermal spas. As a guest, you’ll enjoy direct, unlimited access to the lagoon. Immerse yourself in its soothing, milky-blue waters, rich in minerals like silica and sulfur that are known to benefit skin health.
The lagoon is enveloped by a rugged lava field that gives an otherworldly appearance to the landscape. Several wooden pathways crisscross the lagoon, providing scenic walking routes from the hotel. As you stroll along these paths, you’ll experience firsthand the extraordinary blend of raw, natural beauty and innovative architecture.
From the hotel, you can also venture to the Lava Cave and waterfall, unique attractions on the premises. The hotel offers guided tours of the surrounding lava fields, providing insights into the geological forces that shaped this awe-inspiring landscape.
Don’t forget to explore the Blue Lagoon’s other experiences. Visit the Silica Hotel’s silica mud mask bar, where you can treat your skin with the lagoon’s famous white silica mud. Or, opt for a more indulgent experience at the hotel’s spa, offering a variety of treatments incorporating Blue Lagoon minerals and algae. No matter how you choose to spend your day, the Blue Lagoon Hotel provides the perfect base for your explorations.
Dining at the Blue Lagoon Hotel
Food at the Blue Lagoon Hotel is an experience not to be missed. With two restaurants on-site, guests can indulge in a culinary journey that celebrates Icelandic cuisine’s richness while enjoying stunning views of the lagoon.
The Michelin-starred Moss Restaurant, one of Iceland’s finest culinary establishments, provides a fine dining experience like no other. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to try a multi-course tasting menu that showcases the best of local and seasonal ingredients, prepared with modern cooking techniques and presented with artistic flair.
If you’re after a more casual dining experience, head to the Lava Restaurant. Carved into the lava cliff, the restaurant features floor-to-ceiling windows that offer magnificent views of the Blue Lagoon. On the menu, you’ll find hearty Icelandic dishes with a contemporary twist, including fresh seafood, lamb, and a variety of vegetarian options.
Both restaurants pride themselves on sourcing ingredients locally, supporting local farmers and fishermen, and ensuring the highest quality for their dishes. Whether you’re beginning your day with a hearty breakfast, pausing for a leisurely lunch, or capping off your day with a sumptuous dinner, dining at the Blue Lagoon Hotel is sure to be a highlight of your stay.
How to Book a Stay at the Blue Lagoon Hotel
Booking your stay at the Blue Lagoon Hotel is a straightforward process designed to provide a seamless guest experience. First, visit the official Blue Lagoon Iceland website, where you’ll find detailed information about room types, available dates, pricing, and package options. You can also explore the variety of add-on services, such as in-room spa treatments or guided tours, that can make your stay extra special.
Choose a room or suite that suits your needs and preferences, select your desired check-in and check-out dates, and specify the number of guests. You’ll then proceed to a secure page where you’ll provide your personal details and payment information. Booking directly through the Blue Lagoon’s official website ensures you’ll receive the best available rates and flexible booking policies.
Alternatively, you can book your stay via various online travel agencies or through your travel agent. But remember, booking directly often comes with exclusive perks, like priority access to the Blue Lagoon and dining reservations.
If you have any questions or need assistance during the booking process, the Blue Lagoon Hotel’s customer service team is readily available to assist you. They can be reached via phone or email and are committed to ensuring your booking process is as smooth as possible.
What Past Guests Say – Testimonials
Guest experiences at the Blue Lagoon Hotel consistently highlight the exceptional service, luxury accommodations, and unforgettable setting. Here’s what some recent guests had to say:
- “Our stay at the Blue Lagoon Hotel was a dream come true. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. The staff was friendly, attentive, and went above and beyond to ensure our comfort. Our suite was simply stunning, with a private balcony offering breathtaking views of the lagoon. The highlight was undoubtedly the direct access to the Blue Lagoon—what a unique and relaxing experience!” – Maria and John, USA
- “The Blue Lagoon Hotel stands out for its world-class dining. We were impressed by the culinary prowess displayed at Moss Restaurant. The tasting menu was a gastronomic journey we’ll never forget, featuring creative dishes that beautifully showcased local ingredients. This hotel is an absolute must for foodies visiting Iceland.” – Simon, UK
- “I loved how the hotel embraces and celebrates its unique location. The guided tour of the lava field was both educational and awe-inspiring. Our room was comfortable, spacious, and beautifully designed, echoing the natural surroundings. Every detail, from the heated floors to the thoughtful in-room amenities, contributed to an unforgettable stay.” – Akiko, Japan
These are just a few examples of the wonderful experiences guests have had at the Blue Lagoon Hotel. This luxurious retreat, with its world-class service, unique geothermal spa, and stunning natural surroundings, continues to impress guests from around the globe.
Frequently Asked Questions
When considering a stay at the Blue Lagoon Hotel, prospective guests often have a number of queries. Here are some of the most common questions and their corresponding answers to help you prepare for your trip.
- Is the Blue Lagoon Hotel close to Reykjavik? The Blue Lagoon Hotel is approximately a 45-minute drive from Reykjavik. It offers a serene escape from the city while still being conveniently accessible.
- Are spa treatments included in the room rate? Room rates at the Blue Lagoon Hotel generally include access to the Blue Lagoon, but specific spa treatments are typically an additional cost. It’s always a good idea to check the details of your booking package.
- Does the hotel offer airport transfers? Yes, the hotel can arrange transfers to and from Keflavik International Airport, which is about a 20-minute drive away.
- Are the restaurants at the hotel suitable for vegetarians/vegans? Yes, both Moss Restaurant and Lava Restaurant offer a variety of vegetarian and vegan options, and they are committed to catering to various dietary needs.
- Is the hotel family-friendly? The hotel welcomes families, though due to the nature of the spa and relaxation areas, it might be more suitable for adults and older children. It’s always best to check with the hotel regarding their specific family policies.
Final Thoughts on the Blue Lagoon Hotel
The Blue Lagoon Hotel has firmly established itself as a premier destination for those seeking a unique blend of natural wonder, relaxation, and luxury. The hotel’s unparalleled access to one of Iceland’s most famous geothermal spas, coupled with its exceptional service, exquisite dining options, and stylish, comfortable accommodations, make for an unforgettable stay.
Whether you’re coming for the therapeutic waters of the Blue Lagoon, the gastronomic delights of Moss Restaurant, or simply the breathtaking beauty of the surrounding lava fields, the Blue Lagoon Hotel promises a truly unique Icelandic experience.
With its commitment to sustainability, luxury, and creating unforgettable guest experiences, a stay at the Blue Lagoon Hotel is a decision you’re unlikely to regret. We encourage you to consider this magnificent hotel for your next trip to Iceland – it’s much more than a place to rest your head; it’s an experience of a lifetime.