Conveniently located near the country’s only international airport, Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura is the perfect destination for eco-conscious travelers looking for a place to refresh and rejuvenate body, mind and soul.
With the idyllic landscapes of Oskjuhlid Hill and Nautholsvik Beach in sight, visitors to the hotel will be surrounded by Iceland’s natural beauty and crisp sea air; it’s hard to believe the bustling shops, restaurants and clubs of downtown Reykjavik are just a short stroll away. And if you don’t feel like going out, Natura has plenty of excellent options for dining and entertainment on-property.
Its farm-to-table restaurant, Satt—Icelandic for “true”—prides itself on authenticity and freshness, with a menu that favors local produce and other goods. For lunch, diners can choose from a menu of burgers, salads, sandwiches and soups whose simple preparation allow the foods’ fresh flavor to shine. Tempting breakfast and dinner buffets are served daily.
The hotel is home to Natura Spa, which offers a wide range of custom beauty and pampering treatments, including massage therapy, luxury facials, manicures, pedicures and cleansing masks. All treatments rely on luxury products made by Iceland’s own Sóley Organics, which incorporates a proprietary blend of wild Icelandic herbs, essential oils and aromatherapy for holistic care of body and skin. While you’re there, take a few minutes to melt away your stress in the soothing warm pool, steam bath, sauna and hot tub.
Natura offers a long list of amenities to make your stay as worry-free and pleasurable as possible, including free Wi-Fi, bicycle rental, free bus passes, meeting and conference facilities and a self-check-in kiosk for Icelandair.
The hotel also organizes an impressive calendar of daily activities and specials for guests:
- Movie Night (Monday): Snuggle up in the hotel’s screening room for a marathon of classic Icelandic films (with English subtitles, naturally); popcorn, blankets and pillows are provided.
- Sóley Natura Spa Day (Tuesday): Relax and recharge with a full menu of spa treatments or a session in the sauna or hot tub. Spa admission is 10 percent off every Tuesday.
- Brewery Day (Wednesday): Satt restaurant offers an authentic Icelandic beer tasting starting at 5 p.m. every Wednesday. Sample the country’s best brews and learn about the history of beer in Iceland.
- Bedtime Stories (Thursday): Local and regional actors read classic Icelandic literature. Pajamas and slippers are optional, but encouraged.
- Extra Happy Hour (Friday): Drinks at the Satt bar are half off every Friday from 2 to 6 p.m.
- Sea Swimming at Nauthólsvík (Saturday): Brave guests can take a dip in the icy Atlantic and then retreat to the hot tub to warm up. Cold-water swimming can enhance recovery and healing in the body (not to mention the bragging rights you’ll earn).
- Brunch with the Locals (Sunday): Join fellow travelers and local diners for traditional brunch in Satt’s dining room.
As its name suggests, Reykjavík Natura is dedicated to preserving the natural world and reducing its environmental impact. The hotel’s sustainability pledge includes promises to
- Reduce waste and increase recycling
- Choose eco-friendly products and services
- Emphasize local products and Icelandic ingredients
- Comply with or exceed current environmental legislation
- Inform guests about Natura’s environmental policy and how they can participate
- Educate employees and service providers about environmental issues
With its unique combination of amenities and its unparalleled commitment to conservation, Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík is a guilt-free getaway for travelers to Iceland’s capital city.